Ah yes, the trouble with 'domain urls' vs 'hostname urls'.  There's not
necessarily a 'defininative' answer as to which one is best.  I go by
looking at the web page itself and in the raw XML of the feed.  Whichever
one specifically references the full hostname URL is the one I go with.  I
point the others as duplicates of it.

-Bill Kearney


----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


> As part of my checking for duplicates (see below), I found that one
> of the feeds I approved, 176067, is a duplicate of feed 245528.
> (The site URLs are identical; the feed URLs differ only in that one
> contains 'www.')  Please could an editor take the appropriate action.
>
> Similarly, feed 138558 is a duplicate of 211987.  The feed URLs
> differ -- one is RSS, the other atom -- but the data is the same.
> In this case, should both feeds be retained?
>
> Nick
>
> PS  While checking, I also noticed two other duplicates: (10926,
> 15238) and (36118, 88782).



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to