Hi
In response to the welcoming letter from the Moderator, I'm Des 
Walsh: I live and work on the Gold Coast, eastern Australia. I have a 
blog which started out being focused on home based business and 
called Thinking Home Business and then found people were reading my 
non-techie, often clumsy if well-intended 'adventures' with different 
blogging services, finding out about syndication etc, so now I blog 
more about that than I'd intended. And to help justify my ear-bashing 
people about blogging, I now call myself a blogging evangelist (as if 
that makes it any more socially acceptable!).

The moderator's letter asks What brought me to Syndic? I came to 
Syndic8 firstly because I figured out that's one of the things you do 
if you want to be serious and also because I hoped to get an answer 
to a conundrum. Which is this: I have a couple of sites, one a blog, 
which I don't tend to and which are lucky to get 20 visits a day and 
have Google prs between 3 and 4: my Thinking Home Business blog 
started on Dec 31 is getting hundreds of visits a day and up to 1,000 
page views and has a 0 google ranking. I hope to find out here how to 
get my blog recognised and ranked, because the logic for me is that 
if it's so much more visited and linked to than the others, why is it 
being bypassed. The url is http://www.thinkinghomebusiness.com/blog
>From fiddling with the registration on Technorati, I worked out that 
I was not getting listed fully there because I had given a domain 
name which is actually pointing to the site but from a parked domain 
the url above without the <blog> bit) - I changed it to list the 
full url as above and voila, it was ok. 

Should I be patient with Google? Is there something I can do to move 
things along? Apologies if this is not the right forum to ask, but it 
is part of my reason for being here.

Also, I found today that the same site is listed on Syndic8 twice, 
awaiting approval. How can I fix this?

Des








------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to