> I'm trying to make sense on all the information about my feed. I don't
> understand these two:

Only two?  I think I'm still confused about several dozen things... <grin>

> 1) "Page Views": Everytime I refresh my browser, or click the extended
> stats at the bottom of the feed page, this number increments. How does
> this help me?

It's a rough-gauge as to how often something loaded your page.  Yes, we
could do more to ensure that reloads don't increment it but thus far it's
been fine.  You're actually the first person to even ask abou it.

> 2) "Pings": Currently at 0 for my feed. What is this tracking?

When using most blog software it's possible to have that software send a
"ping" via HTTP to our servers.  This allows us to keep track of what's been
recently updated.  It's a common feature some indexes use.  If you post to
us we also share those posts with others.  So you needn't run 'round to all
of them.  It's a way for folks to see what's been updated recently.

Frankly, I think it's a little obsessive to go checking all this stuff all
that frequently but some folks like it.  I'm fine with refreshing my feeds
about 3 times a day.  That's enough and I consider myself an pretty
hard-core info-junkie.  Folks that crank it up any higher than that, well,
for some reason the words "get a life" come to mind, but hey, that's just
me...  (I'm kidding folks, don't take offense!)

Hope that answers it a bit.  Feel free to post more questions as they arise.

-Bill Kearney
Syndic8.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to