Hi,

>  right now my feeds have this in them >>
>  
>  <language>en-us</language> 
>  
>  that is not considered a proper language tag?

I'm not seeing this in your feed -- you mean for feed # 337708, right?
 I'm looking both at the XML data shown on Syndic8 and what I just
downloaded from:
http://www.homeschoolpedia.com/index.xml

Anyway, when that does appear in the channel element, it should work
to set it as an English feed.

>  I updated my .htaccess file how does it look to you now? I use 
>  FeedValidator.org >> ( http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?
>  url=http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/Backend.php ) is
> that not 
>  the best place to verify my feeds? any suggestions?

Yeah, I use FeedValidator.org too, the validation link from Syndic8
makes that an easy choice.  :-)  It's still showing the encoding
issue, where the server is reporting the encoding as US-ASCII, so
maybe there's more to it in your case than the MIME type assumption of
Apache.  I know that the .htaccess file change has worked for me in
the past, but I'm not an expert on resolving that warning from the
validator.  (You are able to use .htaccess files in that hosting
environment, right?  I think some restrictive hosts prevent it.)

-- 
Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.just-stuart.com/


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to