Hi, Porky The BBC does a neat newsreader that displays current headlines. It's trim enough to fit into one of those vertical menu sidebar thingies. If you're not from the UK, you can choose international news. There are lots of rules and regulations involved, like don't nick the Beeb's logo or put inappropriate advertising nearby, but if it's what you want go for it. Visit http://www.bbc.co.uk and ferret around till you find it. As I haven't used it myself, I haven't a clue whether it's in javascript or not. Let us know. As for search engines, it's their web crawlers I worry about. I doubt they'll be interested in second-hand news, whatever it's written in. Why worry? It's a service for your visitors. They're the ones you've got to please. P.S. No offence taken, Bill.
porkyplatypus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello, I'm new here! I'm looking for a small utility that will let me put some rss news info on my website so that I have fresh content daily. This is as much for the search engines as it is for my readers so the utility cannot be in javascript since the search engines don't read this. Any ideas on what is available will be greatly appreciated. If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ SPONSORED LINKS Business finance course Business to business finance Small business finance Business finance consultant Business finance magazine Business finance schools --------------------------------- YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS Visit your group "syndic8" on the web. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. --------------------------------- --------------------------------- Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with Yahoo!. Enter now. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
