Thanks for this tool!  It is a good enhancement, since it strikes a
balance between keeping feed approval a technical process while
keeping the site usable to the widest possible audience.

I did experience a glitch with it the first time I tried it, but I
contacted Jeff and it now appears to be working fine.  (Thanks, Jeff!)

In experimenting with it a bit (which resulted in the "most recent
actions" box on the front page showing that I repeatedly marked a
certain feed explicit, which might make some people wonder!), I
noticed that it is a toggle, so clicking the action will unmark a feed
previously marked as explicit.  This is reasonable to allow correcting
feeds accidentally (or abusively) marked as explicit.  The only minor
problem with this is that the pop-up message indicates that the feed
is now marked as explicit (and the action in the log shows it was
marked as explicit) even when toggling the explicit flag off.  So if
it is going to be a toggle, I would recommend updating those texts
accordingly.

Thanks,

-- 
Stuart Whitmore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/

On 6/6/06, Jeff Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> For a while Bill and I have been quietly tagging certain feeds behind
> the scenes as "explicit."
[...]


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to