First of all, if you don't have the RSS feed for your blog (and I'm
assuming it has one) listed in the Syndic8 database, add it via the
Suggest feature.  (I didn't see anything for your blog when I just did
a search.)  People use Syndic8's database to find content on topics of
interest, so making your blog available for them to find can't hurt.

Generally speaking, I consider promoting a blog or feed to be like
promoting any other Internet resource, and there is a lot of free
information on the Web about promoting sites.  I discuss some
RSS-specific concepts under "Gaining Subscribers" in my "Give Your
Site the RSS Treatment" article, linked from the Syndic8 Documents
section and available directly at:

http://www.just-stuart.com/geeks/rss_treatment.php

Since you're wanting to promote a blog, you can also use blog-specific
promotion devices, such as traffic exchanges.  One I've used to good
effect is BlogExplosion:

http://www.blogexplosion.com/index.php?ref=SnakeStu

(Obviously a referral link, which will help increase my blog traffic,
but you're welcome to remove that part of it if you so choose.)  I'm
less eager to promote their service than I've been in the past, but
it's still proving its worth to me, so it's worth mentioning.  There
are other blog traffic exchange services too, so you may find
something more to your liking in a competing service.

Hope this helps,

-- 
Stuart Whitmore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to