Lee Rike wrote:
> I have made a rss feed and it was like pulling teeth. Now what? I have 
> a site about the Bahamas and my feed is up to date weather, radar, 
> temperatures and tidal information. It is updated every hour. How can I 
> get it out in the RSS community? Do I submit it? Should I have a RSS 
> icon on the page?

Definitely put an RSS icon on the page, linked to the feed.

Also, create a link for autodiscovery.  In the <head> section of your 
web page, add:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Your Feed Name" 
href="path-to-your-file">

(Be sure to close the tag with /> if you're using XHTML )

That way, any feed-aware web browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet 
Explorer 7, etc.) will be able to pick up the feed automatically, making 
it easier for people to subscribe.

-- 
Kelson Vibber
www.hyperborea.org


If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to