Hi!
I have reviewed the changes (from the user point of view, not the
code) and they look fine for me.
Thank you, jcome!
I want to ask just one thing - can you change the colors of keys to
yellow (for next keyframe/previous keyframe buttons). That will allow
users to distinguish them from other similar button more easily.

Another thing considering github.
If you will create another repository of synfig someday, please don't
create new one. Just fork existing - https://github.com/synfig/synfig
. This is just a recommendation. That way you will be able to use lots
of benefits offered by github for collaboration and it will be easier
to mix the changes.
Thank you for your contributions again!
Cheers!
K.