Carlos López González wrote:
> I'm going to start developing a new convert type that would allow to read
> the values for a parameter or value node from a text file.
> I want to make it the simplest way possible so I've narrowed the format of
> the file and the supported types to this:
>
> Supported types: bool, integer, real, angle, time, vector, color, string.
> File format:
> A line with the frame rate (like the lst file):
> FPS 24
> Another line with the type of the data (one of these):
> TYPE REAL
> TYPE BOOL
> TYPE INTEGER
> TYPE ANGLE
> TYPE TIME
> TYPE VECTOR
> TYPE COLOR
> TYPE STRING
>
> and several lines with the entry:
> FRAME VALUE

> Internally it would create an Animated Value Node the first time the data
> is read from the file. The interpolation used for the waypoints of the
> Animated Value Node would be a subparameter of the Convert type. Also a
> Offset time would be available as subparameter to shift the animation to
> other different time.
>
> I would like to know other's opinion or suggestions before start to code.

Hi Genete,

I like the simplicity of that format.  One question: would a single
interpolation be used for all Value Nodes or could you change them
separately?

Maybe there could be optional columns for interpolation, so to share
them consistently across projects.

FRAME   VALUE   IN      OUT
0f      10.0    clamp   ease
6f      12.0    ease    clamp