Subject:        Re: apachesf account at Sonic
Date:   Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:42:37 -0800
From:   Joe Muller <joe.mul...@sonic.com>
To:     Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgr...@apache.org>

Kevin,

   A follow-up on my earlier email - we want to make sure we're giving
you guys a server that meets your needs. Can you address the following?

- Roughly how much bandwidth is needed? In the last year, I show a peak
inbound traffic at 10mbps and peak outbound at 280kbps. Is a 100mbps
port sufficient?
- On the CPU end, is a dual-core machine good? Would a server-grade Atom
CPU work well?
- How much memory is needed? 2GB? 4GB? 8GB?
- Is a 500GB RAID mirror sufficient?
- Is CentOS (Linux) sufficent, or is a Debian/Ubuntu install better?
- Do you need remote management (aka IPMI)?

-- Joe Muller
System Administrator
Sonic System Operations