Baszi,

> I see the following possible upsides of using some kind of framing:
> * byte-counted messages, effectively allowing the use of the full
> character set
> * application layer acknowledgements, avoid losing messages sitting in
> the TCP socket buffers without knowing that they were not really sent.
> * control messages
> * multiplexed channels
>
> The question is which ones do we want to implement and how this
> correlates with the previous work on BEEP.

Honestly, I think if we take that route, we can simply implement RFC
3195. Actually, it offers all this and I do not see any way it could be
done with much less effort than already done in RFC 3195. BEEP looks
complex, but it is not all that bad once you nail it down.

For this discussion thread, I think we are looking at a very simplistic
SSL based transport.

Rainer