Anton,

the ACK should only be from hop to hop - much as in SMTP. It is a method
to know if the data has arrived at the next receiver. I think it
probably is worth it. I can live without the ACK, but I think a defined
closure is needed. An initiation exchange I consider useful, but again
not mandotory.

Rainer