Rainer,

As you know, in stunnel/syslog model, a syslog sender sends syslog message
in TCP transport to a local port of the stunnel client, it then forwards it
to the stunnel server on another host in a TLS secure tunnel. After stunnel
server received the message it sends the message to the receiver on the same
host.  Basically stunnel is a port forwarding facility for application(any
application in TCP transport, not only syslog), and stunnel client and
server are both stand-alone applications co-locating on same host with
syslog sender or receiver application.

Transport-tls requires a secure transport mechanism for Syslog, that means
the TLS transport is part of the sender/receiver application rather than
another stand-alone application. So, I believe stunnel/syslog is not the
exact implementation for transport-tls.

I have not checked whether a transport-TLS sender can works well with a
"stunnelized" receiver or vice versa because there are not available
transport-tls implementation currently. It may be possible, however, is such
interaction capability a requirement for transport-tls?

Thanks!
Miao