Chris,

>            Document Quality
>               Are there existing implementations of the
> protocol?  Have a
>               significant number of vendors indicated their plan to
>               implement the specification?  Are there any
> reviewers that
>               merit special mention as having done a thorough review,
>               e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a
>               conclusion that the document had no substantive
> issues?  If
>               there was a MIB Doctor, Media Type or other
> expert review,
>               what was its course (briefly)?  In the case of
> a Media Type
>               review, on what date was the request posted?
>
> No one has come forth to claim that they have an existing
> implementation
> of this protocol at this time.
> No vendors have announced that they will utilize this protocol.  Some
> vendors have indicated interest in supporting this document.
> The above named reviewers did an outstanding and thorough job.

Though not a major application, I have implemented syslog-protocol-15 in
rsyslog. Please see:

http://www.rsyslog.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/syslog-
protocol.html

at least, it is open source and other can have a look at it. I plan to
update the implementation as soon as I have the impression the draft
will move on without any futher changes or discussion.

-transport-tls is not yet implemented but will probably happen within
the same timeframe (also based on the impression that there won't be any
major change).

Rainer