On 06.07.2011 00:51, Kay Sievers wrote:
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 00:42, Lennart Poettering<lenn...@poettering.net>  wrote:

We will require an argument. There will no 'change all services'
logic.

Uh?

Actually, I do want a way how people can reset all service enable states
to what the vendor intended. And that should be "systemctl preset"
without arguments I believe.

That sounds pretty scary, it would usually just enable all installed
services. This probably causes trouble with things like syslogs and
login-managers that might be installed but only one of them should be
enabled at the time. Not sure how that should really work.

But they will be enabled anyway after installation if no 'disable login-manager.service' or 'disable *' is listed in any preset file and systemctl preset <unit> is run?

i am just afraid that someday 'systemctl preset' will break my setup even if a havn't defined 'enable/disable *' anywhere.

bye marius..