El 27/05/14 10:04, Eelco Dolstra escribió:
¿
That sounds reasonable. However, to be honest, I've never really understood why
networkd needs to be part of systemd in the first place.

For the start, to share a large amount code..

It seems to me that it
would work just as well as a separate package with its own releases.

That's a bad idea.. it will only cause it to grow in size, increase complexity etc.etc.

You often point out (correctly) that systemd is not monolithic as it consists of
dozens of separate programs. But it *is* a monolithic package: those dozens of
programs can only be upgraded as a set.

That's not true. I am running timesyncd with systemd 210.. of course that requires to know what you are doing.