On 09.07.2015 13:44, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Armin K. <kre...@email.com> wrote:
>
>> I discovered a commit 2c8849add40805256156a36d7ef8c54cf019e29e
>> by Kay Sievers which literally broke the make dist
>> target. A lot of += were removed, making a target that appears
>> more than once redefine itself each time instead of appending
>> the new lines to an already existing target which made
>> make dist ommit a few essential files in a tarball.
>
> Specifics please. "Few essential files" is a pretty useless information.
>
> Kay

a is systemd-221 from fd.o, b is systemd-222 generated by make dist.

TL;DR - files used to build the compat libs are missing even though
--enable-compat libs was specified on ./configure line before
make dist was built. Man pages and html docs were ommited from the
list.

Only in b: autogen.sh
Only in b: CODING_STYLE
Only in b: .dir-locals.el
Only in a: libsystemd-daemon.c
Only in a: libsystemd-id128.c
Only in a: libsystemd-journal.c
Only in a: libsystemd-login.c
Only in b: .mailmap
Only in b: README.md
Only in b/shell-completion/zsh: _busctl
Only in a/src/journal-remote: journal-remote.conf.in
Only in a/src/libsystemd-terminal: unifont-glyph-array.bin
Only in b/test: loopy2.service
Only in b/test: loopy3.service
Only in b/test: loopy4.service
Only in b/test: loopy.service
Only in b/test: loopy.service.d
Only in b/test: Makefile
Only in b/test: README.testsuite
Only in b/test: splash.bmp
Only in b/test: TEST-01-BASIC
Only in b/test: TEST-02-CRYPTSETUP
Only in b/test: TEST-03-JOBS
Only in b/test: test-functions
Only in a: test-libsystemd-sym.c
Only in a: test-libudev-sym.c
Only in b/tmpfiles.d: journal-nocow.conf
Only in b/tools: make-man-rules.py
Only in b: .travis.yml
Only in a/units: systemd-journal-remote.service.in
Only in b: .vimrc
Only in b: .ycm_extra_conf.py

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.