On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 06.09.15 13:01, arnaud gaboury (arnaud.gabo...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Lennart Poettering
>> <lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:

>> > I presume this hardware is not marked for "auto seat" yet, using
>> > udev's ID_AUTO_SEAT property. If you let me know USB product and
>> > vendor id of this device (as reported by lsusb in hex) I'll add it to
>> > the default rules files. If that's done then just plugging in the
>> > device will make it a new seat, without any configuration.
>>

>> Bus 002 Device 005: ID 17e9:4323 DisplayLink
>
> The docking station probably is an USB hub with the displaylink device
> connected to it. the vendor/product ID i am interested in is the id of
> that hub, i.e. the top-level device in the docking station device.

If it can help, here is the udev rule and service shipped with the rpm:

displaylink.service
-------------------------------
[Unit]
Description=DisplayLink Manager Service
After=display-manager.service
Conflicts=getty@tty7.service

[Service]
ExecStartPre=/sbin/modprobe evdi
ExecStart=/usr/lib/displaylink/DisplayLinkManager
Restart=always
WorkingDirectory=/usr/lib/displaylink
RestartSec=5

/etc/udev/rules.d/99-displaylink.rules
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="DisplayLink",
MODE="0660", RUN+="/bin/systemctl start displaylink.service"
ACTION=="remove", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="DisplayLink",
RUN+="/bin/systemctl stop displaylink.service"

I don't have right now acsess to the box. Will post $ lsusb output later

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx