On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 06.09.15 18:24, arnaud gaboury (arnaud.gabo...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Lennart Poettering
>> <lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:
>> > On Sun, 06.09.15 16:31, arnaud gaboury (arnaud.gabo...@gmail.com) wrote:
>> >
>> > I fear this newer Plugable device is not as carefully designed as the
>> > older ones, and uses non-recognizable vendor/product  ids... Thus we
>> > cannot really add an ID_AUTO_SEAT rule from upstream for it. Pity.
>>
>> I am afraid you are right. I have tried all kind of possibilities and
>> with nouveau driver. All tests point to the creation of seat but left
>> me with a black screen for monitor of seat1.
>
> Hmm? the ID_AUTO_SEAT stuff is just sugar on top, to make sure that
> the multiseat hw just works, without requiring any configuration.

Yes, I understood that and try to configure by hand

> Without it it just means you have to manually assign devices to a
> seat, that's all.

$ loginctl attache ...
That's what I tried

> Nouveau is a driver for PCI hardware, not for the usb displaylink.
So good, I booted back to Nvidia driver and blacklisted nouveau.

> Before thinking of putting together seats, try to make the displaylink
> hw work at all, so that you get something on screen.

Yes I will

 How to do that is
> out of scope for systemd I fear though, can't help you much with that.
>
> In general: systemd just keeps a database of what hw belongs to which
> seat, that's all. Drivers and access to the devices are done in the
> kernel and X11, and systemd has nothing to do with that really.

Looking at this thread[0], it seems the udev rules I use is not good.
I decompressed the Ubuntu package[1] to see how I can modify the rule.

[0]http://support.displaylink.com/forums/287786-displaylink-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7988955-support-linux-on-all-your-devices?page=1&per_page=20
[1]http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/683482

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx