On 12/23/2015 07:30 PM, Alex Crawford wrote:
I like this model and I'm not sure how I would solve this if EnvironmentFile
didn't exist.

The usual underlying cause of usage of Environment or EnvironmentFile in type units is more or less always due to the fact that the daemon/service cannot read configuration file on startup thus the answer is you would use a daemon that was written in a such manner it could read configuration file, generate that file and get rid of the extra administrator step of having administrators create and use drop-in's or am I missing something?

JBG