Yup Mike, the Letsrun mentality has infected you. Find one

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Contopoulos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 7:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: t-and-f: 12:57 last 5000

Malmo, on Letsrun you noted that what Geb does is pretty standard
training.
I disagree.  The guy does 4 days of workouts in a row (not including the
in
betwen easy hour runs) ON TOP of his 3 hour long run followed by a 1
hour
run.

hard 15-30km run
1 hour easy

sprint workout
1 hour easy

hills
1 hours easy

3x1200 to 8x2000
w hour easy

You tell me that Meb, Pepper, Abdi, Browne, Johnson are doing 4 workouts
in
consecutive days (with a "sprint" session in there... which of those
guys
does a "sprint" session?)...on top of a 3 hour run followed by a one
hour
run once a week... well... round of drinks is on me.  geb trains much
harder
than our guys.  And he's supremely confident.  And he's supremely
talented.
That's pretty darn near impossible to beat.

>From: "malmo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "'edndana'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: t-and-f: 12:57 last 5000
>Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:18:03 -0400
>
>I'm basing my wager on this crowd:
>
>My guess is that Culpepper is the only one who could run sub-25, with
>Bickford and Kennedy close.
>
>27:13.98 ..... Meb Keflezighi (Nik) 01
>27:20.56 ......... Mark Nenow (Pum) 86
>27:25.61 ..... Alberto Salazar (AW) 82
>27:29.16 ...... Craig Virgin (FRRT) 80
>27:31.34 ...... Todd Williams (adi) 95
>27:33.93 ..... Alan Culpepper (adi) 01
>27:37.17 .... Bruce Bickford (NBal) 85
>27:38.37 ........ Bob Kennedy (Nik) 99
>27:41.05 ........ Ed Eyestone (BYU) 85
>27:42.83 .... Abdi Abdirahman (Nik) 02

Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental
controls.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental