Actually you have yet to make a case ... And trying to make a mockery of my
statements is rather childish .. Randomly saying that we can't let each
group of athletes make up theri own rules (start when they want etc) was a
ridiculous statement ... That would be akin to saying that running backs
make up their own rules and quarterbacks their own and receivers their own
... I said nothing close to that so do not portray it as such ...

Simply stated, just as the NFL makes it rules and other professional sports
make theirs so should Track and Field ... Free from those who are not
participants yet want to strongly have a say in how it is run ...

And yes private groups have rules regarding their behavior ... I'm not
saying that track and field shouldn't ... I'm just saying that those outside
the group really have no say nor should they ... The rules should reflect
the group ... And should be aimed at satisfying the needs of the group, not
the mores/feelings/et al of those that watch it .... And in many cases
really don't watch it ...

You talk about unbridled use ... What unbridled use ??? But the better
question that you nor anyone else seems to be able to answer aside from
hystrionic emotions, is what is wrong is some use ??? who do they hurt ...
Aside from potentially themselves ??? You act as if there is this huge
uncontrolled segment of athletes out there that are destroying the sport and
keeping eveyone else from achieveing ... Hell the records from East Germany
show that drug use even when backed by a government and systematically run
can produce only a handful of "elities" at any one time ... Very few people
are able to get their simply through drug use ... One must be genetically
predispositioned to beocmign an elite athete to start wtih ... Then one must
be willing to put in the time and work that it takes to get there ... DRUG
use alone is not winning medals ... If that were the case Qatar would not
have bought athletes, they would have recruited pharmacists !!!!!! Would
have been cheaper ... Pigs ears are not showing up on victory stands
disguised as silk purses ...

And yes you pointed to drug use causing death in another sport ...
Obituaries in every paper across the country point to cigarette, and alcohol
use causing MORE deaths every day ... I can also tell you about athletes
that died this year due to being overworked in practice in various sports -
so perhaps we should regulate training loads while we are at it ... Or all
training conditions ... Am I being facetious ?? Somewhat ... My point is
simply that YOU want to choose whose ox gets gored !!! You have yet to prove
why an athlete deciding to use a performance enhancing drug is as bad or
worse than those who use truly deadly substances on a daily basis ... Yet
you want to talk about athletes using "drugs" in the same breath with
criminals, yet the poor alcoholic is simply an individual who made a bad
choice who will pay for it in the end ... And as long as he is not asking
you for a handout or breaking into your home to support his habit he is ok
with you ... Yet someone like Kelli White who took something not even banned
should lose her medals and be brandished a cheat becasue YOU don't like
athletes using drugs ... A rather hypocratic method of determineing the
fates of athletes ...