> The whole drug issue is still one which is based primarily on emotion and
> moral bases ... Data is thrown out in an attempt to support these
> assumptions ... But as you yourself lhave repeated stated these arguments
> are based on perceptions ... In most professions "perceptions" are hardly
> enough to get an idea off the drawing board !!!!!

Actually, in most professions, perceptions govern the majority of what
happens even though people try to act like they don't.  It strikes me that -
whichever side of the argument one is on - this discussion proves that the
track & field list is no different (note that I certainly include myself
among those governed by perceptions!)

Now, how about Radcliffe's half - a great performance or simply a soft
record (or both)?

- Ed Parrot