> And I guess that the only way you can argue with my points is
>start disparaging me personally.  In my professional experience, that means
>that my points have sufficient validity that you can't undermine them with
>your own evidence, so you have to try to change the subject, focusing on
>the messenger rather than the message.

Quite possibly a dangerous self-serving conclusion.
It might NOT mean that your points have sufficient validity, only that the
opposing debater is too lazy to get get the facts, or it's too easy to jump
straight to personal attacks.
It really says nothing about whether your argument is valid or not- only
that your opponent is a poor debater.

RT