On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:22:07 -0400, you wrote:

>Randy wrote:
>
>  "The difference this
>time is that somebody left a syringe full of the stuff laying around
>somewhere."
>
>That would be plain careless - I was of the understanding that a high
>profile coach handed the syring to USADA. Deliberately.

And where do you suspect that coach got it?  I assumed somebody
left it in that coach's locker room or restroom after a meet, and somehow
the coach suspects who it was.
I guess you must suspect it's one of the coach's own athlete's, or the
coach went 'undercover' himself and stole it from somebody?  I hadn't
thought of that...

The real question is how the coach knows that it came from the specific
California lab?  I guess it means somebody gave it to the coach and told
him where it came from, with the provision that the person who 'handed
it' to the coach remain anonymous.

Maybe there are multiple parties in the surreptitious chain here.

What I DON'T suspect is that this has been going on with the coach's
knowledge and help, and now he's had a sudden change of heart.
I subscribe to the theory 'once a crook almost always a crook'.

I've also noticed how the huge headlines in the newspaper read 'track and
field scandal', when all the indicators are that the 'clients' of this lab
read like a who's who of professional sports stars- with track & field being
just one of many.  The news media tends to make light of the Bonds and
Romanowski ties.  Maybe that's 'cause it was track coach who blew the
whistle?

RT