5.      Non-Qualifiers Who Should Have Taken “Career Victory Lap”:  Mike
Marsh & Derrick Adkins.  Always seemed like classy guys, in victory or
defeat.  Quite unlike that other lap taker, Johnny Gray, whose less than
sportsman-like reaction I’ve seen after losses the last two years at the
L.A. Indoor Meet.  His comments following the race: “I could have run 1:44”
(but I didn’t feel like it) and “Many I’ve run against were on drugs” (but
I won’t name names) lead me to believe that the sport will not be
diminished by his departure.

I had a watch on Gray's farewell lap. The split was slightly faster than that for his
last lap in the 800. :-)

20.     Could a Sac local please decipher for me the ominously named SMUD
building located just off the 65th St. exit of Highway 50?

Sacramento Municipal Utility District

sideshow