On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 14:20:19 -0700, you wrote:

>Comments
>on Brussels:
>W100 - One of the announcers says, "Watch the center of the track," after which:
>they show a closeup from the side
>then they switch to a wide-angle shot from outside lane 9 - (I focus on lanes 3,
>4, 5 and 6)
>then they switch to a closeup on lanes 3 and 4
>then they switch to a side angle, in from lane 9
>THE GUN
>just as the runners are leaving the block, they switch again to a wide-angle shot
>
>Now, pray tell me, how is one supposed to watch the center of the track when they
>keep changing the camera, including right after the start?

I don't understand why I should lock my eyes on the center of
the track ANYWAY- I'm not that interested in whether it's a blue or red track,
or Mondo or Tartan or whatever-
I want to see what the ATHLETES are doing ! :-)

Kind of like a photographer saying 'watch the birdie'.  I've never
yet, after 44 years, been able to figure out what darned birdie
he's talking about.  If I ever find that danged bird, it's
fried chicken time.

RT