On Sunday, September 03, 2000 10:47 PM Malmo said:

> Ahhh. You guys just don't give up with the Flo-Jo drug conspiracy
theories,
> do you?
>
> What follows is a short abstract of her career, which shows, without a
> doubt, with the benefit of hard work, determination and courage - ANYTHING
> can happen.
>
> Included are a records of sprinters from 1975-1996 for you Suh-tistikal
> types to analyze. Upon analysis, you too will find that Flo-Jo's
> breakthrough in 1988 was both predictable and within the norms of
> world-class sprinting.

OK .. I have to ask the question .. How do these statistics tell you that
FloJos's "breakthrough" in 88 was predictable and within the norms of world
class sprinting ?? She went from PRs of 10.96 & 21.96 (marks that were PRs
NOT consistent running) .. To PRs of 10.49 & 21.34 in ONE season .. A season
preceded by 2 seasons in which she first quit the sport for a year and had
tremendous weight gain .. And then came back and set her pre-88 PRs .. She
dropped her 100 PR by .47sec and her 200 PR by .62 sec !!! That would be the
equivalent of Mo Greene running 19.24 or MJ running 9.62 !!!! Or Inger
Miller going 10.32 & 21.15 !!!

The statistics you use are great as they compile data from some of the
greatest sprinters in women's history ... They include Marlies Gohr, Marita
Koch, Evelyn Ashford, Merlene Ottey, Chandra Cheesborough, Heike Dreschsler,
Pam Marshall, Silke Gladisch, Barbel Eckert, Renate Stecher, Jarmila
Kratochvilova, Katrin Krabbe, and Gwen Torrence ... A virtual Who's Who of
women's sprinting ... And NO ONE, not even the string of East German's who
were verified to have been on highly sophisticated doping programs, have the
increase/spike in performance that FloJo had ..

So, questions about drug use aside, how do you explain FloJo's 88 season as
"predictable and within the norms of world class sprinting" ??

Conway Hill