Hopefully Dayne will return to competition in a very public way...  and
get soundly trounced by the top throwers out there.  This would be great
publicity. The American public thinks of football players as the
strongest, most powerful athletes out there.  If Dayne couldn't compete
maybe people would take a step back and think, "Whoa, these field guys are
pretty damn impressive!"  Seeing a shot, disc, hammer or javelin go far is
one thing, but seeing it go a lot farther than an "established" athlete
can throw it is something that gives relevance to those who do not know
the sport well.

Perhaps the top US throwers should issue a challenge to the NFL...

Paul