Such a small deal that after ducking the testers and being suspended she immediately then "quit track" to play basketball for 3 years?????

A bizarre voluntary career and economic path for a world-class sprinter.

Tony Craddock

_____________

At 10:18 PM 9/24/00 -0500, Mike Trujillo wrote:
> Well let's not forget that Marion Jones is in fact no stranger to drug
>controversies, having been suspended by TAC while in High School for
>missing a mandatory drug test.
>
> OJ Simpson's attorney Johnnie Cochran was the one who represented her at
>the hearing.
>
> Tony Craddock
> _________________

I lived in Los Angeles at the time, and was professionally acquainted with
Jones' coach at Rio Mesa (Brian Fitzgerald, who had some other notable
sprinters come out of his program).  The way I remember it, Marion was
summoned during school hours and was unaware of the severity of the
request.  She pretty much blew it off, then was surprised when TAC got all
bent out of shape about it.  Cochran entered the picture and the non-issue
was dropped.  No one at the time had any notion that she was using
something.  It was mostly a case of poor communication (nah, our NGB has
NEVER done that before, have they? :-)

Mike Trujillo, Angeleno-in-exile
Asst. Girl's Track & Field Coach
Davenport (Iowa) Central HS