Wait no longer.......

"We have a long-standing policy of not commenting on issues involving
doping and drug testing"

No kidding!!

Tony Craddock

PS There is no truth to the rumor that CJ quit track to pursue a career in his first love, basketball.
________________

U.S. Track and Field won't comment on C.J. Hunter drug allegations
By Mike DeArmond
Knight Ridder Newspapers
(KRT)
SYDNEY, Australia U.S.A. track and field officials would not comment
either to confirm or deny allegations published in a Sydney newspaper that
American shot putter C.J. Hunter flunked drug tests in July in Oslo, Norway.
After International Olympic Committee and U.S. Olympic Committee
officials referred comment to the U.S. track governing body, Jill Geer, the director
of communications for USAT&F, said that organization could not comment on the
allegation.
We have a long-standing policy of not commenting on issues involving
doping and drug testing, Geer said.
There was no statement immediately forthcoming from Craig Masbach, CEO of
the USAT&F.
He's not going to say anything more than that either, Geer said.
Giorgia Reineri, spokesman for the national governing body the
International Amatuer Athletics Federation, said he was unaware of a
positive test on Hunter.
The allegations appear Monday morning in the Sydney Daily Telegraph, and
cited information from unnamed sources.
According to those sources, Hunter tested positive to the steroids
nandrolone and testosterone at the Bislett Games in Oslo on July 28. Again,
according to the newspaper's sources, Hunger had a reading of nandrolone
1000 times the legal limite, which is 2 nanograms per millilitre of the urine
sample.
Hunter, again according to the Daily Telegraph story, recorded a
testosterone to epitestosterone ratio level of 6-1.
Hunter withdrew from the Olympic shotput competition before the Games
began, citing surgery he said was required to undergo for an injuryed knee
on Sept. 3.
Hunter is the husband of American sprint star Marion Jones, who has
already won the gold medal for the 100 meter dash and is going for four more in
these Games. Hunter was the 1999 world champion in the shot put.
X X X
(c) 2000, The Kansas City Star