ANd what sour grapes would I have?  My athlete ran 44.66, the second fastest
time by a junior ever.  I have no sour grapes to mash.
And I expect all you saw was him kiss the track.  Of course, you missed the
looking back, the yelling at the crowd, the "look at me" theatrics that many
on this list love to lambaste.  My point is simple, it all depends on the
person, not the actions.
As for his confidence, I think taking 2nd or 3rd at your nationals/Olympic
trials would be a definite boost.  And if he is worth his weight he will take
very little from defeating a field that finished .2 seconds behind him.  He
was far and away beyond anyone in Chile.  It was simply an easy victory, one
he could have won falling down at the start.  With his talent, and at age 17,
he would have benefitted greatly from competing on the main stage.  Making
the semi finals at the OG's is not an easy task, and one I think he could
have easily done.  From watching him I am positive he would have made the
final.  Respectfully, I submit this all as my opinion on the young man's
career.  He has a promising future, and I think he sold himself short in this
case.  Plus, he could have done both if that was his desire.

Darrell
The G.O.A.T.