What a shame for someone to only have this memory or knowledge of
Henry Rono.
   Does anyone have the NCAA results from Eugene circa 1977 or '78.
   The results alone won't tell the story,  but Rono was magnificent.
   In the 5000 (I don't recall whether heats or final,  because he was
running everything fast),  I remember the following.  Rono and a team-mate
taking the first Mile out in sub 4:10,  and then Rono doing a workout the
rest of the way on his own.....accelerating the straights,  and running
easily on the corners,  and finishing without any apparent effort in a
time of about 13:21.  He looked like he could have run those straights
and corners like that for ever. Sad what happened later,  but one of
the best distance runners ever,  in my opinion.

Ron Bowker