I wrote:

"I sprinted for four years for CCNY"

L. Tricard, another intellectual giant, responded, sarcastically:

"wow...real high tech sprinting...it's like saying, i sprinted for
hunter....."

Of course, if we search deep enough, you have a point here, right??  In
February of 1967, I was the Metropolitan Intercollegiate 60-yard dash
champion.  The conference included the finest track and field powers in the
NY metropolitan area at the time:  Manhattan, St. John's, Fordham, Iona, FDU,
etc.  The prior year, outdoors, I have film of me racing against Sam Perry of
Fordham, who recently passed away.  Perry was the co-world-record-holder of
the 60-yard dash mark, at 5.9, with Bob Hayes.  I smoked Sam out of the
blocks and was still leading at about the 40-yard mark, when, inevitably, he
went by me.

In case the point was too complex for you, I was talking about starting
technique.  I didn't realize one's ability to start, or his knowledge of
starting technique, was a function of what school he went to.

I knew it was pointless to enter this fray.  The amount of petty, sarcastic
crap we have to put up with is a shame.

Don Schlesinger