Netters
I really have enjoyed the run down on Lindgren as much as I did the
discussion on Borsiov.  I am not old enough to have seen much of
running prior too about 1983.  Infact the world champs was the first
meet I really remember anything about.  So any time I hear these old
tales i enjoy them.  Though it is isn't adding much to the discussion of
the greatness of these runners, I thought I would relay and interesting
tidbit.  I was telling my coach, Mike Dewitt about the discussion here
about Lindgren, who I recall he said he had met.  He told me tonight
that apparently at some point a racewalker taught Lindgren to walk - he
thought it might have been martin Rudow.  My coach said he was sure
that in Lindgren's one and only racewalk he completed a mile in 7:00.
For those who have tried the event (Ed Parrot, Teddy Mitchell and a few
other) you can really appreciate that effort. This was about 1970 or so
and a 7:00 then was really impressive.  In any case thanks for the great
reads.

michael