The results are interesting...

9 athletes broke 32:50 in the '97 race, all from North or East Africa.

5 broke 32:50 in the 82 race, 4 non-Africans.

I believe that shows a statistically signficant advantage by East and North
Africans.

The disparity is probably far more evident in other years, since you picked
one year with great running conditions (82).

--
Jon Entine
RuffRun