Marty,

Just because you ran fast doesn't mean you can coach.  Heck, I have no
idea if guys like Vigil or Larsen or Warhurst or Newton ran a
competitive step in their lives.  All I know is that they can coach
better than most.  My $.02 is that being a student of the sport and a
good motivator are far more important factors in being a quality coach
than being able to string together 400's faster than your competitor...

Joe