Netters:
        I know it is a little late, but I would like to add my two cents as to what the Casey Martin decision might or might not mean to our sport.

        The problem with court decisions is that oince they are made, activists will "run with them" and, oif they go too far, iot takes another court case to correct the situation.

        There are, of course, a number of ways in which it could affect track and field on all levels. The rules on stimulants, for example. Would they be allowed if an athlete could prove that they merely correct a "handicap." And that's just one example.

        Would it be confined to the "professional" end of the sport? I doubt it. In factm, the HS sction might be the most vulnerable.

        It was a porrly reasoned decision and I find it interesting and, for me heartening, that the only two negative votes came from justices whose educational background included a good bit of real logic.

            To call a golf pro a "customer" of the PGA is totally absurd. A customer pays a fee knowing what he is going to get and what he is not going to get. A professional golfer, if he indeed has to pay an entry fee, does it in the hope that his reward will be, and usually is, much greater than what he puts in.

        And that;s just one thing wrong with the reasoning, if you can call it that, of the majority which included members of the left, center and right of the court/
                                                                Ed Grant