Listers,

Where do we draw the line at HS meets? Here's the scenario...

All-American high schooler at his/her last meet. He/she checks into an event
5 minutes too late. Do you strip this child of their last opportunity to
compete in his/her state?

THESE MEETS ARE FOR THE KIDS!! Officials are stripping kids of some of the
most fond memories of their HS years. In NJ, some of the state's finest
athletes were "robbed" of a chance to finish their careers because of some
stupid rules.

I think if you have a kid at a meet who's tops in the state in their event,
page that person just to make sure they are not running the event. But don't
close the event and have  kid miss out because he was off warming up and
didn't hear the call.

Larry A. Morgan
Elizabeth Heat TC