Goodwill 5000 results:-

This sort of race is not what the paying spectators expect to see.
I also imagine that sponsors would also not be too happy if all contests in
the program were run this way by the atkhletes.
After all the promotional work put into getting the public to come to an
athletics meeting, how many are going to go home after a race like this and
say they will never attend another meeting.

Compare this event with the 800 m GP races this year and think about which
type of race the paying spectators would prefer to see.

Congratulations to the two winners of the year - André Bucher and Violeta
Szekely.

Doug Fry
------------------------------------
At 10:22 AM 9/8/01 +0100, you wrote:
>What's wrong with racing at a slow pace?
>John Bale
Doug Fry, Canberra, ACT

Visit http://www.webathletics.com.au
for ACT Cross Country Club, ACT Veterans Athletic Club, The Runners Shop,
Lunch Time Running

Visit http://www.coolrunning.com.au

(02)6288 6439(h)
(02)6283 2130(w)