Ed,

Gag's was and is a great coach having produced many outstanding
"student-athletes."  His 100% graduation rate is something that "all"
coaches should attempt to emulate.  I know he will do a great job with the
Nike Farm Club up in Palo Alto.

You mentioned that Bryan Woodward was joining Gag's at the Nike Farm Club
after his "year sabbatical."  His year sabbatical was caused by his
attempting to run in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney with a "hernia!"  He had
major surgery this past February to repair the tear.  the surgeons had to
install a metallic screen to help mend the large tear.  Bryan had been in
light workouts until this past September when he relocated from Virginia to
the Palo Alto, California  area to train under Gag's again.

Gag's promised Bryan and my brother Michael, Bryan's dad, that he would
ensure that Bryan got an excellent education and that he would excel in the
800 under his tutelage.  Bryan graduated from Georgetown in 1997, with
degrees in Psychology and Japanese, was the 1997 NCAA Div I 800 Meter
Outdoor Champion to go along with other IC4A League championships.  I think
Gag's kept his promises very well.  As much as I would have liked to have
seen Bryan attend UCLA and run close to home, I know his choice of
Georgetown and coach Gagliano was the best choice.

We are glad to have Bryan back in good health, close to home, and working
with Coach Gag's once again.

Gerald Woodward