-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mike Prizy
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 4:57 PM
To: Michael J. Roth
Cc: T&F Listserve
Subject: Re: t-and-f: RE: PV & Coaching

A good example of how little thought or concern goes toward certification -
and how our U.S. legal
system can also work against good common sense - in Illinois last season,
the Illinois High School
Association caved in on a lawsuit threat from the family of a female T&F
athlete and added girls PV
AFTER the season started. While there are many male coaches, still, a vast
majority of them never
coached the PV. Luckily, most of the girls that came out were gymnast and
knew how to fall like
cats.

However, the state champ - Elizabeth Boyle, Winnetka, Ill. (New Trier
H.S.) - did go 12-6 and was
only a junior, but received a lot of coaching from her uncle who is an
accomplished boys coach at
another Illinois h.s.