I know of no preparation in any way for a coach and teammates to be prepared to handle
what happened Saturday in Minn.  As a HS coach for over 30 years, I cannot imagine
what I would be like if something like that happened here.
  I  grieve and shake everytime I hear of an athlete in any sport dying.   Not only do
you have to be couselor and leader of a group of very saddened young men and women but
you as a individual must be constantly battling your thoughts and feelings.
   Yes we have to go on and try to learn to deal with reality but it isn't easy.  Some
may never really overcome it.     I'm not a trained counselor just a high school
teacher and coach.   I pray that all the athletes and spectators who were there and
the judges running the event off and all family members involved may someday find a
way to come to grips with what happened.   I know it won't happen over night.  For all
involved this may be the toughest competition ever.

My deepest sympathy to all
Phil Weishaar
Chapman Kansas 67431