In a message dated 3/6/02 2:46:53 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>When the discussion turned to what to do with navel rings under uniforms

According to the NHSF Case Book, they are legal, since they are not normally
visible (the case was about a hypothetical LJer whose singlet rose while in
the air).

I clerked one of the CT state indoor meets last month and had to tell at
least 25 per cent of the kids to remove ear rings, necklaces, etc. Many said
it was the first time they had heard of the rule.

Ironically, watches are legal since they are considered track equipment,
although it would seem to me that an athlete could gain an unfair advantage
from a watch, but not from a necklace.

Jim Gerweck
Running Times