Why do the lanes have to be seeded this way? Why not do it like they do in
the Olympics, Worlds, other international champioships and in basically all
national chapionships i Europe? There the lanes 3-4-5-6 are given by draw
to the four fastest times (or in some cases to a mix of semi winners and
times) and the lanes 1-2-7-8 to the other finalists. Considering different
wind conditions, tactics etc, this has proved to be a good system.

Besides, I don't really get which system you'd like to have. As you
describe it, it seems that the LSU system is corresponding to your views.
But I guess that you just made a typo error.

Mats Åkerlind
Gävle, Sweden