> Well, even after seeing an artist's rendering, I'm still having a
> hard time picturing it, but here's the idea for  converting the Dome
> into a t&f venue (scroll down to "Athletics"):
> http://www.houston2012.com/thegames-venues/reliant_park.html

The design looks pretty ingenious. I didn't think the place was wide
enough to hold a track.  Given the heat/humidity in summer and the lack
of zoning, I can't see Houston being an ideal OG venue, but who knows?
 At least it would appear to be a viable candidate to host the Worlds.
Isn't that good enough?   And I guess it could host speedskating in the
winter (although I imagine Houston doesn't have much of one).  And
soccer.

Oh...Astroturf came about because they couldn't grow grass there.  So
is there a plan for that, too?  Perhaps a removable field like in the
new Sapporo Dome?

Marko Velikonja