> "Tyler Hamilton, preparing for the GP Eddy Merckx, suffered a broken right
> collarbone and facial injuries Sunday when a car driver opened his door
just
> as the rider was passing."

http://waymoresports.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=waymorespo
rts/Layout/Article_Type1&call_page=WM_Home&call_pageid=979619472127&call_pag
epath=Home/Home&c=Article&cid=1030446570382

My favorite line from the article is the following typo:

``The doctors do not think that he will be permanently scared"

It's interesting that Tyler Hamilton probably has gotten in more crashes
than any other professional cyclist in the last 2-3 years.  He was 2nd in
the Giro D'Italia this year despite breaking a few bones (in the shoulder
area I think) during one of the first few stages.  He crashed 3 times during
the Giro and almost went down a 4th time during an individual time trial on
a dry, smooth road (to be fair it was around a turn).  The poor guy might
consider applying his high VO2 max to running, racewalking, or X/C skiing -
it's safer!

- Ed Parrot