Jonas,

I don't think anyone is in disagreement that there should be wind limits
for what is a record-worthy mark.  However, that is an entirely different
topic than the accuracy or relevance of the actual conversions, which is
what most of this debate has centered around.

Furthermore, let me say that I am not questioning Jonas' work, per se.  It
looks to be as comprehensive as any other attempts at such, and I imagine
Jonas is considered quite brilliant in the field.  Having said that, I am
bothered by how similar many aspects of this thread are to those involving
Jon Entine (probably the most villified member in the history of the
t-and-f list, for those who weren't around at the time):

 - the "defendant" is well respected within the field and quite
knowledgable

 - real science is regularly referred to by the "defendant"

 - despite having done some of the most exhaustive research on the topic,
it becomes apparent the "defendant" has, either by choice or by necessity,
ignored large pools of data that do not fit the model

 - in each case, the model seems to be based on and rely on being applied
to generalities, not individuals, yet the conclusions of it invariably get
applied to ... you guessed it, individuals!

 - when given examples of where the model breaks down, no direct responses
are forthcoming...

Dan

=====
http://AccountBiller.com - MyCalendar, D-Man, ReSearch, etc.