Nah. We never compare distance results. Some postings to this list. Why didn't
people that are all upset by the 100 analysis also come leaping to Ndereba's
defence. Radcliffe was nine seconds slower. Shouldn't that be the end of the
discussion?
Regards,
Martin

"Her time of 2:18.56 was
hailed as the greatest performance ever in marathon history "

"That this record survived should take nothing away
from Radcliffe's outstanding 2:18:55 effort, in a women-only race it must
be an intrinsically superior performance."

"Paula Radcliffe erased every
women's Marathon record on the books bar Catherine Ndereba's 2:18:47 which,
HOWEVER, was set in a mixed race at Chicago."

"Only Kenya's Catherine Ndereba had ever run faster than Radcliffe when she
clocked 2:18.47 in Chicago last year, but that was in a mixed race where she
was paced by men and so the London organisers are recognising Radcliffe's
time as a women's world record."